Are You Looking For Something? Search Here

Saturday 5 October 2019

“I Am Not Your G” – Vector Tells MI As He Tries To Comrade With Him





“I am not your G” – Vector tells MI as he tries to comrade with him.

Last month, a beef that had been brewing for years finally came to a head with Vector’s ‘The Purge.’

And this time, the two rappers elaborated the beef with diss tracks upon diss tracks.

In 2006, M.I. Abaga released ‘Crowd Mentality.’ The video was shot in Abuja. A short while later, he signed with Chocolate City.

Around the same time, Vector was becoming a staple of Nigerian Hip-Hop. Like M.I, he was sell-able and likeable as an English speaking rapper.

But unlike M.I, he was already being thrust into the spotlight and was farther along in his development and mainstream relevance than M.I. Most gamblers would have placed bets on Vector to become the new king.

Vector was in Lagos doing bits while M.I was in the North making the rounds. He only moved to Lagos permanently after he signed with Chocolate City. Vector was also promoted as a freestyle rapper. As you know, Lagos is the bigger market. You own Lagos, you own it all.

But then something happened; it’s called ‘Safe’ featuring Djinee. M.I not only took the lead as the top dog, he sealed it with a classic album in Talk About It and two awards at the MTV African Music Awards in 2009. Vector began to take a backseat. At the time, he hadn’t even released his debut album. State of Surprise was to drop a year later, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Johnpele